****Taking Pre-Orders for Spring 2014 - Product to ship first week of March****
SR 9554 Bermuda Seed - SR 9554 turf-type bermudagrass seed is a seeded bermudagrass is an advanced turf-type seeded bermudagrass selected for its unique genetics combined with a dwarf, low growing plant height. SR 9554 variety traces its origins back to six clones initially collected from Germany and the Pacific Northwest of the United States, plus a selection from Cheyenne bermudagrass. Progeny from these clones were further crossed over several years and selected based on uniformity, dark green color, high turf quality, finer texture and lower plant height, stress and disease resistance. Further screening was done to ensure high seed yield and improved stress and disease resistance in seed production
SR 9554 is noted for long stolon length for rapid cover and fill in on newly seeded sites. In addition, the stolon internode length for SR 9554 is noticeably shorter than 'common' bermudagrass and a number of commercially available seeded varieties, which results in higher density and therefore higher quality turf. These improvements, together with its dark green color, make SR 9554 suitable for use throughout the bermudagrass zone of the world. SR 9554 Turf-Type Seeded Bermudagrass has proven to be a perfect choice for many turfgrass project, including golf tees, fairways and roughs, sports fields, parks and home lawns.
SR 9554 is ideally suited as a straight variety, or as a component in a certified blend, such as LaPrima. It can be seeded into new turfgrass projects, or interseeded into existing seeded or vegetative bermuda to improve the overall quality of a turfgrass site. SR 9554 is an economical alternative to vegetative bermuda ESTABLISHMENT (sprigs or sod) turfgrass applications.
- Fast germination for rapid cover
- High density and turf quality
- Vibrant, dark green color
- Drought tolerant
- Easy to maintain
- Ideal for use on golf course tees, fairways and roughs, sports fields, parks and home lawns wherever bermuda grass is adapted.
- Longer stolons combined with shorter internodes result in rapid establishment and quicker injury repair
- An economic alternative to some vegetative hybrid bermudagrass varieties
- Tolerates poor quality and effluent water
- High fertilizer efficiency
- Withstands variable soil conditions
- Seeds/lb: 1,500,000
- Seeds/kg: 3,300,000
- New Turf: 2-3 lbs/1,000 sq ft 10-14 gr/m2 90-125 lbs/acre
- Repair of existing turf: 0.5-1.5 lbs/1,000 sq ft 3-8 gr/m2 25-65 lbs/acre
- Germination: 5-7 days under ideal conditions
- First mowing: 18-21 days depending on usage
- Full coverage: 4-6 weeks under ideal conditions